When you need your money short term, think in terms of a high interest savings account that makes a little interest while your cash is waiting to be used. You can make some interest and still have access to your money when you need to. These types of accounts are great for emergency funds. An emergency fund is not the best way to make money, but it is safe in case you need the money for an emergency.
Checkout the high interest savings account rates here:
I currently have a savings account and it is slowly paying less and less interest. I have an American Express Savings account that is paying 1.7% interest at the moment. The Fed just lowered the interest rate so my returns will go down until they raise the rates again.
High Interest Savings Accounts
- HSBC Direct – HSBC Direct Savings Account has been ranked as one of the best Savings Accounts for 2020 by The Ascent, a personal finance brand owned by The Motley Fool that rates and reviews essential products for everyday money matters.
- Highest Rate: Vio Bank – A high-yield online Savings Account gives you flexibility to add or move funds at any time (up to applicable limits) and be able to save for the long term.
- High Rate: Popular Direct – We make savings simple. Our accounts deliver high yields. Count on: competitive rate, secure access to your money and interest that compounds daily. Apply Now
- High Rate: CITI Bank – Savings accounts can also be considered as rainy-day funds. As a rule of thumb, you should aim to keep three to six months of living expenses in a savings or other account where the money is easily accessible. To get started, aim for just $500 to $1,000. That’s usually enough to start saving for something important, and it’s also a nice reserve to have should you suddenly need cash.
- High Rate: American Express National Bank – Apply for a savings account today! We offer competitive savings rates, no monthly fees and no minimum balance. Learn more and calculate your savings potential online.
- High Rate: FNBO Direct – Enjoy a high interest rate for a personal online savings account from FNBO Direct with no fees, account alerts, mobile banking app, and more!
- High Rate: Marcus by Goldman Sachs – Marcus by Goldman Sachs® offers an online savings account with a rate that beats the National Savings Average. Learn more and open an online savings account today! Checkout their calculator.
- High Rate: Synchrony Bank – Check out our High Yield Savings accounts and use our calculator to compare our rates to your bank’s rates.
- High Rate: Citizens Access – Save smarter at Citizens Access with Savings Accounts, CDs, and CD Ladders. Enjoy higher rates and NO fees so you can reach your goals faster. Open an account today.
- High Rate: Ally Bank – Ally. Do It Right. Ally’s savings rates, checking rates & bank products are straightforward with no hidden fees. Enjoy 24/7 live customer service & the convenience of mobile & online banking. Ally Bank Member FDIC.
- High Rate: Barclays Bank – The Barclays Online Savings Account offers industry-high interest rates (APYs) and secure, 24/7 access to your funds. Open an account today.
- High Rate: Comenity Direct – Comenity Direct offers high-yield savings accounts and certificates of deposit at highly competitive rates. Experience simplified transactions and elevated customer care. For over 30 years, Comenity has been a trusted partner, helping people get more for their money.
- High Rate: WebBank – Save more by opening a Savings account with WebBank!
- High Rate: MySavingsDirect – Open your high interest savings account online. It’s quick and easy
- High Rate: Discover – Turn your savings into something with an Online Savings Account from Discover. We offer high interest rates with no monthly balance requirements or monthly fees.